Mark your calendars for the
NETSL 2018 Annual Spring Conference!
When: Monday, April 2, 2018
Where: College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
Conference theme: New Opportunities & Collaborations with Technical Services
Keynote speaker: Marilyn Billings, Scholarly Communication and Special Initiatives Librarian, UMass Amherst Libraries
Call for proposals:
The NETSL Executive Board is seeking proposals for 60 minute breakout sessions (such as a panel discussion, workshop or skills training) and 7 minute lightning talks in accordance with our 2018 theme, New Opportunities & Collaborations with Technical Services. Topics might include:
- digital humanities
- data management
- collaborating across units
- cross training
- technology skill-sharing
- working with archives / institutional repositories
Speakers will receive complimentary registration to the 2018 NETSL Conference. You can see titles of past presentations since 2005 at https://netsl.wordpress.com/netslconference.
The deadline for proposal submission is 5 p.m. EST on Friday, January 26, 2018. Applicants will be notified about their proposal status in early February.
Registration will open in February 2018. Please visit https://netsl.wordpress.com for more information or email email@example.com and a board member will respond.
Thanks to everyone who voted!
NETSL’s Elections have closed, and we are pleased to announce our new executive board. The 2017/2018 Executive Board’s term will begin on October 25, 2017.
- President: Abigail S. Baines – Systems & Discovery Librarian, Hampshire College
- Past President: Kari Swanson – Technical Services Librarian, Southern Connecticut State University
- Vice President/President Elect: Kate Zdepski – Resource Sharing Librarian, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Outreach Officer: Ann Kardos – Metadata Librarian, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Secretary: Brittney Buckland – Head of Technical Services, Merrimack Public Library
- Treasurer: Yukari Sugiyama – Japanese Technical Services Librarian,
- Archivist: Meghan Banach Bergin – Coordinator, Bibliographic Access and Metadata Unit Information Resources Management Department, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Local Arrangements Coordinator – Mary Moran, College of the Holy Cross
- Members at Large:
- Anne Meringolo – Technical Services Manager, New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Kristin D’Amato – Serials/Electronic Resources Librarian, Central Connecticut State University
Thanks to everyone who served in 2016/2017, we hope to see you all next spring at the conference!
Ballots will be accepted Tuesday September 5 – Tuesday September 19.
Access the ballot.
The NETSL Board is currently looking to fill several positions for its 2017/2018 Executive Board:
Elected Positions available include:
- Vice President/President Elect
- Outreach Officer
Appointed Positions available include:
- Member at Large
- Student Member at Large
To learn more about these positions, check out their job descriptions
The deadline to submit your candidacy is Friday 28 July. To submit your candidacy, fill out this nomination form.
Bonnie Tijerina will speak on:
Expanding our boundaries in service of our values
The issues arising from data-centric technological development has cast a spotlight on the values and roles of librarianship and brought us into the center of information policy, privacy and intellectual freedom conversations. Some of our new roles fit clearly within the confines of our libraries and involve making minor changes to what we do. Others involve rethinking how we engage with our communities or require us to work beyond our traditional walls with new partners. Bonnie Tijerina, currently a researcher working on library-related projects at a think tank in New York City, will talk about the work of Data & Society, her projects, and her thinking on the impact the field can have in today’s world.
The 2017 NETSL Annual Spring Conference will be held Friday May 5, 2017 at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA.
Our Keynote Speaker is Bonnie Tijerina of ER&L.
Click here to go to the conference registration page.
Click here for program details, including Keynote Speaker, and Breakout Sessions.
Registration will run from Tuesday March 29 through Monday April 24.
See you in Worcester, MA!