The New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) mission is to bring together all persons in the region interested in technical services for the exchange of ideas and discussion of problems.
The NETSL Annual Spring Conference will be held Friday, April 17th, 2020 at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA.
We are seeking proposals for 60-minute breakout sessions and 7-minute lightning talks for our 2020 theme, Under Pressure: Coping with New Realities in Technical Services. Topics might include:
- strategies for handling aggregated job responsibilities
- techniques for articulating expectations and consequences
- tools for keeping the library running with limited resources
- aligning job descriptions with job actualities
- methods for navigating through constant change
- advocacy ideas for moving technical services forward as a profession.
The deadline for proposal submission is 5:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, January 16. Please submit your proposal using the form at https://forms.gle/yRV4fq1iiiEsetyJ6 Presenters will be notified about proposals via email in late February.
You can see titles of past presentations since 2005 at https://netsl.wordpress.com/netslconference.
Please direct any questions to the NETSL Executive Board at email@example.com.