NETSL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN LIBRARY TECHNICAL SERVICES
Deadline for nominations is Friday, March 6, 2015
New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Executive Board annually presents the NETSL Award for Excellence in Library Technical Services to publicly recognize an individual who has made an especially significant contribution to the field of library technical services.
Contributions may have been made in New England by librarians from throughout the United States, or nationally by librarians residing in New England, through publications, service, or innovations in practice. The NETSL Executive Board members will select a recipient at their March meeting based on nominations received. The Board reserves the right to suspend the Award for a year if no suitable candidate is nominated.
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
- Nominees may be NETSL/NELA members, but membership in the Association is not a requirement.
- A nomination must be accompanied by a written statement that includes the rationale for nomination and, if a resume of the nominee is not appended, a narrative summary of the nominee’s career and achievements. Provision of a resume is strongly recommended.
- Nominations may be made by NETSL members, or by non-members.
- Nominations and statement(s) must be received by the NETSL Vice-President(s) no later than Friday, March 6, 2015.
- Current members of the NETSL Executive Board are not eligible for consideration.
Evaluation criteria include having made contributions to library technical services in one or more of the following areas:
- Leadership in professional associations at local, state, regional or national level
- Contributions or innovations in technical services
- Significant contributions to professional literature
- Conduct of studies or research in technical services
Nomination letters and questions can be submitted to Christine Fernsebner Eslao, NETSL Vice President at: eslao (at) fas (dot) harvard (dot) edu or Tachtorn (Wheat) Meier, NETSL Vice President at: tachtorn (dot) meier (at) yale.edu
The NETSL Award will be presented at the 2015 Annual NETSL Spring Conference at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA on April 10, 2015. For a full list of speakers and breakout sessions, please visit our website at https://netsl.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/netsl-2015-annual-spring-conference/