The 2017 NETSL Annual Spring Conference will be held Friday May 5, 2017 at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA.
Click here to go to the registration page.
Click here for details, including Keynote Speaker, and Breakout Sessions.
Registration will run from Tuesday 3/29 through Monday April 24.
See you in Worcester, MA!
The annual NETSL Conference will be held on Friday May 5
More details, including the registration form, Keynote Speaker, and Breakout Sessions, will become available in the near future.
For anyone who needs to submit a travel request, the conference fees are below:
- Complimentary: $0
- Currently Unemployed/Student: $25
- NETSL/NELA Personal Member: $55
- Non-Members: $85
Welcome to Abby Baines. She has stepped into the demanding role as Vice President/President Elect of NETSL. She is the Systems & Discovery Librarian at Hampshire College.
Have a project or some research you’ve recently completed and want to share? The NETSL Executive Board is looking for presenters to give lightning talks (7-minute presentations) on technical services related subjects.
Speakers who give a lightning talk will receive complimentary registration to the 2017 NETSL Conference.
The NETSL Annual Spring Conference will be held Friday May 5, 2017 at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA. Stay tuned for details on the keynote and theme.
Deadline to propose a talk: Friday, April 7, 2017
Submit a talk proposal to Outreach Officer, Amy Dittman, by emailing amy(dot)dumouchel(at)bc(dot)edu
Please note that the 2017 NETSL Conference will be held on Friday May 5, not Tuesday May 9, as this post initially stated.
New England Technical Services Librarians is calling for nominations for their annual award.
Possible nominees would be technical services librarians who live in New England, and:
- Lead the way in innovating or collaborating in the field,
- Have inspired you,
- Are triumphing over challenges in the field of technical services,
- Or, put the service element in Tech Services
To nominate them, complete this form. They do not need to belong to NELA or participate in NETSL to be eligible.
The successful nominee will receive their award at the annual conference, held on May 5, 2017.
More information can be found on the NETSL Award Page.
Please send any questions to Amy Dittman — amy(dot)dumouchel(at)bc(dot)edu.
Congratulations to the new NETSL Executive Board member!
The results are in and here is the NETSL 2016-2017 Executive Board. Welcome new members and welcome back to continuing members. The new board term starts in October. Congratulations to all!
- President – Kari Swanson, Southern Connecticut State University
- Past Presidents – Christine Fernsebner Eslao, Harvard University & Tachtorn (Wheat) Meier, Yale University
- Vice President/President Elect – Cason Snow, University of Maine
- Secretary – Meghan Banach Bergin, University of Massachusetts
- Treasurer – Yukari Sugiyama, Yale University
- Archivist – Elise Daniel, University of New Hampshire
- Outreach Officer – Amy Dittman, Boston College
- Local Arrangements – Mary Moran, College of the Holy Cross
- Members-at-Large – Beata Panagopoulos, Suffolk University
The NETSL Board is currently looking to fill a new executive board position: NETSL Student Member At-Large, whose term would begin at the NELA Annual Conference in late October. For a description of this position, please see our , please see our announcement. Please spread the word to library and information science students that you work with, teach, or mentor. Please direct nominations (including self-nominations) to William Shakalis at email@example.com.